May 1 - 2, 2020
Stay tuned for additional information
After careful consideration of the risks posed by holding a live conference during the COVID-19 pandemic, the Kansas Council of Health-System Pharmacy (KCHP) and Missouri Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP) have made the difficult decision to look for alternatives to holding the 2020 Spring Meeting in Overland Park, KS, scheduled to take place April 3-4, 2020.
The KCHP and MSHP Boards of Directors have been closely monitoring updates and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), as well as state and local governments. In the last week, we've also learned of the increasing number of travel advisories and restrictions being placed on health care providers and hospitals and institutions in the U.S. and globally.
The health, safety and well-being of our members, staff, exhibitors, faculty, and the patients we serve is of paramount importance. With an ever-increasing number of KCHP and MSHP members on the front lines of preparing and reacting to the COVID-19 outbreak, we believe it is in the best interest of everyone to cancel the live meeting and ensure our members are able to do what they do best – help and heal.
Our decision was not taken lightly. We have had several meetings over the past two weeks to discuss options that will still meet the needs of our membership.
We are already investigating the ability to hold the Spring Meeting as a virtual event. This will allow us to induct our incoming board members, present posters virtually, secure foundation support, recognize award winners, and deliver high-quality educational content from the 2020 Spring Meeting directly to you. This may require us to move the date to allow time for coordination. Look for more details to come out soon.
Last, but certainly not least, a meeting the size of the 2020 Spring Meeting is months in the making and involves many member volunteers and staff, as well as generous support from partners and stakeholders and close collaboration with our venue. Please join us in recognizing all of these individuals, particularly 2020 Spring Meeting Chairs: Lainie Linafelter, PharmD / Children’s Mercy Kansas City , and Rebecca Nolen, PharmD, BCPS, BCIDP, AAHIVP / SSM Health St. Mary’s Hospital – St. Louis as well as all the volunteers on the sub-committees, for all of their hard work.
Thank you for all that you do every day to serve your patients and your communities.
Sincerely,Alex Oschman, PharmD, BCPPS
Joe D. Slechta, PharmD, BCPS – AQ Cardiology
KCHP/MSHP Board of Directors
NOTE: If you are a KCHP member that opted to add Missouri affiliates (GKCSHP or MMSHP) to your KCHP membership, then a record was created on the MSHP website to facilitate email distributions. During the registration process you will be given the option to "Login" into the MSHP website. This is not the same password that you have established on the KCHP website. You also can skip the "Login" process and just proceed to registering for the spring meeting.
SPONSOR A RESIDENT, TECHNICIAN OR STUDENT TO ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
Pharmacists that are interested and willing to support a technician or student to attend the 2020 Spring Meeting, please select "Pharmacist / Technician or Pharmacist /Resident Joint - Full Registration" option. Then enter the name and email of the individual that you want to sponsor when you get to the end of the registration form.
PHARMACY DIRECTORS - We still need you for the Reverse Exhibits
On behalf of MSHP and KCHP, we are looking forward to a most successful spring meeting, April 3 - 4, 2020 in Overland Park, KS but we need your help. The Reverse Exhibit will be on April 3, 2020 and we are asking for you to hold this day to participate in 3 hour commitment. This time will allow vendors that have paid up to $1500 per person to spend 5 minutes in a one on one information exchange with key hospitals and systems in MO and KS. In years past, we have raised more than $55,000 dollars and can only be as successful as participants willing to work the tables. I look forward to your representation as you feel appropriate. You can either register yourself by selecting “* Reverse Exhibit Pharmacy Directors” as the option when you sign up or you can just simply let Jim know and I will register you as a “Reverse Exhibit Pharmacy Director”, then you will be all set.
Please contact Jim Andrews at the KCHP office either by email or phone (314-416-2247), if you have difficulties registering for the Spring Meeting.
Tentative Programming Schedule:
(specific times will be posted shortly)
Title are subject to change
Friday, April 3, 2020
- Clinical Pearls Session
- Opioid Stewardship Initiatives (CBD/Medical Marijuana/Hyperemesis Panel)
- New Kids on the Block - Agents for Hyperkalemia
- The Pharmacist's Role in Initiating Medication Assisted Therapy for Opiod Use Disorder
- Comprehensive Medication Management
- Great Scott! Is-Pharmacy Missing an Opportunity in the Spotlight (Pharmacy & Quality)
- Pediatric Medication Safety
- ABCs of Manuscript Writing/Tips for Publishing Residency Research
- Board of Pharmacy Updates - KCHP
- Board of Pharmacy Updates - MSHP
- Clinician Wellbeing: Preventing Burnout & Building Resilience
- Strategies for Successful Residency Projects
Saturday, April 4, 2020
- Community Acquired Pneumonia Guideline Updates (Pneumonia Update - Title Pending)
- Current Controversies in Critical Care & Emergency Medicine
- Searching for the Smoking Gun Behind Vaping Associated Lung Injury
- You Can't Handle the Trough: AUC:MIC Vancomycin Dosing
- You're Taking What? - An Update on New Psychiatric Medications
- Medication Hoarding & Drug Shortages (Identifying and Managing Medication Hoarding_A Potential Risk Factor in Health Systems)
- Movin’ On Out: Antimicrobial Stewardship Strategies in the Outpatient Setting
- Opioid Stewardship Initiatives
- Preventing a Med "Wreck" The Role of Pharmacy Staff in Transition of Care
- USP 797/800 Preparedness
- Are We LinkedIn? Networking Strategies for the 21st Century
- Confidently Conquering the Transitions from Student to PGY-1 Resident and Beyond: A Panel Discussion
- MUE: A Template for Developing your Skills in Pharmaceutical Care
- Pharmacy Advocacy 101
- Platform Presentations
And much more...
Do you provide products or services essential for health-system pharmacists,pharmacy technicians, students and other related personnel? If so, you’ll want to exhibit at our Spring Meeting!
- You’ll have access to directors of pharmacy, operations and clinical managers, clinical specialists, and other influencers in pharmacy practice
- Exhibiting at a state-wide meeting allows you to network with multiple customers at one time rather than expending travel dollars to meet them locally
Professionals interested in sponsoring or exhibiting at the 2018 Spring Meeting should check out the Exhibitor Guide and complete the Registration form.
Download the Sponsor and Exhibitor Prospectus
MSHP Award Nominations
The 2020 MSHP Annual Meeting will feature award presentations for the following categories. Please submit your nominations for the following categories:
- Best Practice Award
- Best Residency Project
- Garrison Award
- Preceptor of the Year
MSHP Foundation Fundraiser Baskets
Promote your hospital and support the practice of health-system pharmacy by contributing to the MSHP 2020 Annual Meeting Themed Gift Basket Silent Auction! Auction items will be on display all-day Friday, and bidding will close Saturday afternoon. All proceeds will benefit the MSHP Foundation and its mission.
Individuals or hospitals contributing to the fundraiser will receive recognition in the following forms:
Sponsor a Foundation Basket Today
- 2020 Annual Meeting program (if received by deadline)
- KCHP Event Website
- KCHP e-newsletters recapping the Annual Meeting
MSHP/KCHP Foundation Fundraiser Event
Friday, April 3, 2020
Trivia night (in the hotel)
Plan to stay at our conference hotel
Sheraton, Overland Park, KS
6100 College Blvd
Overland Park, KS 66211
Phone: (913) 234-2100
$119 per night
Cut off is March 2, 2020
Book Your Hotel Room Online
NOT ATTENDING THE SPRING MEETING, CONSIDER SPONSORING A TECHNICIAN OR STUDENT TO ATTEND
We understand that you might not be able to attend the spring meeting yourself, so why not give the opportunity to one/many of your technicians and/or students to attend the spring meeting. Please contact Jim Andrews if your hospital would like to support multiple technicians/students to arrange for an invoice to be sent to you.